West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service strives to achieve our ambition and aim. To support this, we have four strategic priorities underpinned by objectives to achieve our ambition for the communities of West Yorkshire. We have a strong and genuine commitment from all staff to ensure equality and diversity in everything we do and to continue making a difference within the various communities that we serve.
Making West Yorkshire Safer
To improve community safety and wellbeing and reduce the risk to life, property and the environment from fire and other emergencies.
- We will reduce the risks to the communities of West Yorkshire
- We will continue to develop ways of working which improve the safety and effectiveness of our firefighters
- We will actively look for opportunities to implement learning from the Grenfell Inquiry to improve how we respond to high rise emergencies and other foreseeable risks
- We will use the HMICFRS assessment of ‘Good’ in all areas as a foundation to implement our improvement action plan with the aim of delivering an outstanding service
- We will be innovative and work smarter throughout the service
- We will invest in information and communication technology, digital and data, to deliver our service in smarter ways
- We will work efficiently to provide value for money and make the best use of reserves to provide an effective service
- We will continue working towards delivering a more inclusive workforce, which reflects and serves the needs of the diverse communities of West Yorkshire
- We will support, develop and enable our people to be at their best
- We will promote environmentally friendly ways of working, reduce waste and raise awareness among staff to both fight climate change and respond more effectively to incidents driven by extreme weather events