In emergencies call 999

Domestic Property Fire – Halifax Area

Fire crews responded to reports of a tumble dryer on fire in an attic of a house.  4 breathing apparatus and 2 hose reels were used to extinguish the fire, then a high powered fan was used to clear smoke from the property.  Yorkshire Ambulance service was requested for 2 casualties, both of whom were suffering from smoke inhalation.  Smoke detectors were fitted and actuated.  Crews from Illingworth, Halifax and Odsal stations attended.

Location

Boothtown Road, Halifax