The Fire Prevention Training Team at West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service have created some exciting learning materials to help you at home during COVID-19 and give your children something different and engaging to do. With more people at home, we are all more at risk of fire within the home. Use these resources to help your families learn about fire safety and have some fun whilst doing them together.
You will find fun activities for everyone in your family, just download and enjoy.
Don’t forget to share your completed work with us @WYFRS #FireSafetyFun. This can be anything from just a picture of the completed sheet or a picture with your child / family showing us their fun fire safety learning.
Worksheets are available on the next tab and include;
• Can you fill in the missing letter, this is based on kitchen safety, look for the things you might find in your kitchen and also comes with a hot tip to remind children to not distract grown-ups whilst cooking
• Fire Safety Crossword based on the Bedtime routine – this resource includes some home safety advice to discuss as a family before your child can then try and complete the crossword
• Kitchen Safety Word Search – this resource is a fun way of learning about kitchen safety and what we should and shouldn’t be doing
• Can you match them up – this resources is based on fire safety and gives you some top tips to keep you safe in your home
• Fire Safety Word Scramble – can you solve the word puzzles and think about your own escape plan
Our Prevention Training Team are currently reviewing our schools programme to cover all primary years. If you want to find out more and see if you can help pilot these new resources, then please contact the team at email@example.com.