CFO Roberts has overall responsibility for delivery of West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service and its aim to provide an excellent fire and rescue service working in partnership to reduce death, injury, economic loss and contribute to community well-being.
DCFO Walton is responsible for all the county’s front-line fire stations and the Control Centre. The directorate has three principal areas of responsibility:
- Operations Support which prepares emergency plans and ensures that the brigade addresses all foreseeable operational risks;
- Operations Response are responsible for the day to day management of the fire stations and associated crews and making sure that the stations have the resources and equipment to work efficiently, safely and effectively;
- Fire Safety which incorporates:
- Fire Protection whose responsibilities include Legislative and Enforcement matters
- Fire Prevention who are responsible for delivering the Community Fire Safety Programme.
Alison Wood is the Statutory Finance Officer responsible for the administration of the financial affairs of the Authority as required under the Local Government Act 1985.
Services provided by the Finance Department include:
- Accounting and Budgeting
- Payment of Creditors
- Collection of Income
- Treasury Management
- Internal Audit
Treasurer to the Fire Authority.
Ian Brandwood is responsible for setting the strategic direction across the Employment Services function including:
- Human Resources
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Occupational Health and Safety Unit