- Register for local flood warnings. You can get updates from local radio and TV news. The government also provides a 5 day flood risk forecast.
- Prepare an emergency kit.
- Get insurance. Find lower-cost home insurance through Flood Re if you’re in a flood-risk area & get insurance advice from the National Flood Forum
- When a flood strikes, sandbags and sand from builders’ merchants will be in high demand. They can be used as a barrier to divert water and prevent or reduce floodwater damage. Buy sand and sandbags in advance.
- Take photographs inside your home. This may help with insurance claims.